IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, November 1, 2007

A BUBBLE OFF CENTER!


Do you ever have that feeling that I am not feeling quite right? Today is one of those days as was yesterday and the night before. I feel a little like the color of this print-muted and dull. I often tell people my bio-rhythms are off. You do know about your bio-rhythms don't you? This is your physical and emotional state. If you physically are a little down and emotionally a little down, then you are at your lowest-bio-rhythm point. The days you pray for and relish when they come is when both of these hit their high points. These low days affect you and your activities for the entire period of the low. It is a struggle to run and I have to make myself do it, I don't have the high level of energy that I normally enjoy, and I'm kind of in a fog. I am thinking the physical part may have something to do with my sinus. I come from a family of allergy sufferers. Everyone in the family, except me, took allergy shots and suffered with multiple sinus infections every year. Momma used to tell me that I just sniffed and kept going. I really never thought about it a lot. I am popping the decongestants in an effort to unclog, but I am sure I will bounce back in short order. For today I feel like the character in Charlie Brown that walked around with a cloud just over and around his head. THIS TOO WILL PASS!


We are leaving at noon to go to Natchitoches to meet our dearest and oldest friends, The Thompson's. We will pick up where we left off the last time we were together and the connection will be instant. What a blessing that God has placed Mark & Barbara in our lives. I could write an entire book about our journey together during the past almost 40 year. They are two of the most precious friends one could ever ask for. So much shared life and so many days on the beach and around a table. Thank you Lord! I am looking forward to a wonderful visit and will be sad at heading back to Ruston.


As for today, I am taking my on advice and listening to my body. No physical activity-should have walked and should have lifted, but it's more important to get that bubble back to center!

No comments: