IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, November 28, 2007

JUST CALL ME MS ENDORPHIN

OK-the endorphins should be through the roof as I have just completed my 20 mile run. The very best thing I can say about that is -IT'S OVER! About this time in the 18 week training schedule, you begin to ask yourself-"Oh, Self, WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO DO THIS? " Some might say this borders on masochistic-today I might agree. You do have this huge sense of relief that it is over. This marathon has a 6 hour cut off and I have been worried about that, but today I decided this is doable. You probably think a snail could move down the road faster, but all I can say is don't go there until you have tried it. It's one thing to run 9 minute miles when running 5 miles, and another to run 10 minute miles when running 10 miles, but once you get beyond around 13 or so-those miles get hard! I get plenty of encouragement from Mr. C who has always been my biggest running fan. He always asks,"How was your run?". He is a sweet man!

While running I ran through my head the conversation my legs would be having with my head, (sans Camille) during this run.

1st 3 miles- Legs to Head- Hey, thanks for going slow enough to get us warmed up. You need to watch for holes-it is totally dark out here.

Up to 5 miles- Ok, this was a good workout and 5 is always doable. Are we headed to McDonalds for a biscuit?

Around mile 10-We're beginning to get a little tired, where's our goo? Don't you think this is enough for today. Ok-maybe a couple of more miles, but then let's go home.

Mile 13- OK-ALRIGHT- THIS IS THE HALF! You are not Superwoman. Are you crazy trying to run with all of these real runners? What are you thinking. Time to head back.

Mile 15- OVER THE TOP- We hurt-We're tired, WHINE WHINE WHINE.

Mile 17-HELLO IS ANYONE HOME UP THERE??? Test, Test, Test-Am I getting through to you? TIRED TIRED TIRED

Mile 18- HEY STUPID- We are going to mutiny. We just will not pick up when you say pick up. YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF US!

Mile 19-JUST WALK IN! Get us back to the car. If we ever get our feet propped up again, we will NEVER take you anywhere again! IDIOT!

Mile 20-When we get our strength back, we QUIT! No more cooperating with you-Luny Lady! Get us home and in the shower and then in a long soaking tub. OH YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE! YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL WE GET HOME!

I am packing my bag and I do not plan to think about this marathon while in Arizona. Well maybe except for the 6 mile run I need to make. Mr. C & I are off early tomorrow and I am looking forward to down time. Meanwhile, I am getting a sports massage this afternoon to get the blood flowing in these bad boys again. If you hear a moaning sound around 3:30 this afternoon, it is just me.

Tomorrow, I will post Louise's latest update. She led quite a life and I really understand her better than I ever have by writing all of this down.

No comments: