IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, November 14, 2007

AND YOUR POINT IS??????

When Mr. C happened to find the UPS delivery yesterday before I had time to get it in and put it away, he told me I needed to make a picture for my blog of all the running shoes I had. I am not sure how interested anyone is in the fact that I currently have 7 pairs of running shoes, but let me explain. The pair on the right with the red orthotics are the pair I started the marathon training with. Nine weeks later I have more than the usual 300 miles I put on a shoe before getting a replacement. They all look fine, but the cushioning wears out before the outside does. I usually do a better job of washing them and recycling them through the Salvation Army, but have gotten behind on that chore. The oddest thing about this collection is that they are all Mizuno brand and the same style of shoe-just some are a later version. The two pair with the yellow insert and the current running ones are all the same exact shoe. If it works-don't mess with it! I have actually toyed with the idea of trying another shoe, but get a little paranoid about injuries, etc. when I actually place the order. You think this is an inexpensive sport until you find out that the good shoes all run around $100. The better the shoe, the more expensive, as my physical therapist explained to me when ordering orthotics. Our entire group has actually been to Baton Rouge to a physical therapist that specializes in recommending shoe types for runners. She analyzes your run, your mechanical makeup, your tread, etc to tell you what kind of shoes to wear. The shoe companies love us runners! There is an entire catalog of running gear and shoes just for runners. All the clothes, shoes, and gadgets we could ever possibly want or need.

We ran our first 9 mile mid-week run this AM and then walked 4 1/2. I was in better shape today than Monday, but still not back to speed. I am trying to analyze what could be the cause, and hopefully will get back on track. I suspect fuel is part of the problem and hot-humid weather the other, but will experiment with that.

I spent several hours today trying to learn how to down-load music and then burn a CD. After I finally figured out what I was doing wrong, I felt stupid. I needed the 7 year old Grand here to help me!

Two cute things that the Grands told me this weekend-
The 7 year old told me that the stores were not nice teasing everyone by showing them all of the toys they had at Christmas knowing they could not get them all. I believe he currently has 48 items on his list. Something tells me that Santa will probably have to cut that list down.

The 5 year old was eating a peanut butter sandwich that I had made and he started telling me he did not like the little things in it. Thinking he was talking about peanut chunks, I showed him the creamy that his sandwich was made from and the chunky which I had not used. He kept insisting that he didn't like the chunky things. After about 30 minutes, I finally figure out there were small seeds on top of the bread. OH Those Chunky Things!

We went by to see The Boersma's last night. I always get a kick out of going over there. Helen was on Dale's case since he did not get out of the bed until 3 PM, I then gave him a talk about maintaining his level of fitness. Dr. Dale then proceeded to try to defend himself-Bobby looked at him and said-"You might as well give up-They always get their way." WISE HUSBAND!

No comments: