IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, November 12, 2007






























Pictures from an active and fun weekend. Two boys full of fun and life. As expected, a few tears, but mostly plenty of laughter. They both hung on Poppa Bob the entire weekend and loved being goosed and tickled. Looking forward to our trip to Austin in a couple of weeks to spend a few more days with them on their turf.

On another note-

OH, MOTHER NATURE, somebody stole Fall from Louisiana. Maybe Mother Nature is the culprit, but all I know is that I look out the window and it is literally raining leaves, but the temperature is more like early summer. It was hot and humid this AM when we ran and I suffered through the entire ordeal. I am not sure if I was tired from the weekend or what, but today was not a good day since I walked every hill. Hopefully, I will recover since I have 2 weeks of hard runs on tap.

Mona came and ran with us this morning which is a rare treat since she only runs with us on the weekends and does her mid week runs in Arcadia, where she is now working. The amazing thing about Mona is that she can talk the entire time she is running. I am gasping for air and trying to push enough into my lungs to sustain me, and she is carrying on a monologue about everything that has happened in her life since I last saw her. If she ever used that air to fire those legs off she would be going off and leaving all of us.

One more time, would the person that left the area with our Fall please bring it back. There will be no questions asked no reprisals, JUST PLEASE RETURN IT TO US!

4 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Aw, I wish I'd been there!

Anonymous said...

They are so precious!!! Not calm and quiet, I bet, but precious!!
Ann Miller

Anonymous said...

What a sweet family!
Adrian

Cynthia said...

Yes to bringing the fall back! I think the weather is affecting my mood a bit:)