IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, November 15, 2007

GET IN HERE-RIGHT NOW!

Where the drive should be.


On the right, house and yard covered with leaves.




Birthday Girl on the right front.



Momma had Power! For a little 5'2", 90 pound woman, she could strike fear whne she wanted. I distinctly remember those words, "Get in here RIGHT NOW and clean up this mess!" Without hesitation, you scurried off to do just that. Now Momma could whup good, but that wasn't the only thing you feared-YOU DIDN'T WANT HER TO GET STARTED on a tangent. You paid the price when she was unhappy. When Momma wasn't happy-nobody was happy.



Mother Nature came through Louisiana again yesterday and returned Fall to us. Thank you-Mother Nature! While she was here, she decided to do a little cleaning. She brought the North Wind to blow all of the dead leaves out of the trees. It literally rained all colors of leaves all day and most of the night. As you will note in the picture, every square inch of the yard and drive are covered with this. Oh,Mother Nature, you left a mess when you came through yesterday. GET BACK HERE AND CLEAN UP THIS MESS! Something tells me that I am blowing in the wind with that statement-literally. BC & I will be out there trying to reclaim the woods, but I think we will enjoy doing, just that. When looking around you notice that most of the leaves that had already turned are now on the ground. You also notice there is a whole other group, that are still green. It is usually January before I have gotten all of the leaves up, and even then they still blow out of the woods and back into the yard. I STILL LOVE FALL! When running through Tech yesterday, we saw an entire group of trees that would take your breathe. Babs told me they were Sugar Maples and were "October Glory". How appropriate-since all I could think of when I spotted them was Glory.



We went to Arcadia for lunch today with friend,Mona. Thanksgiving day is her birthday, so we celebrated today. We had a great time and a great lunch. After my 5th or 6th piece of hot water cornbread, I yelled UNCLE.



We walked 5 miles today,a proverbial WALK IN THE PARK!

No comments: