IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, November 6, 2007

SCIENTIFIC FACTS OF LIFE!

Lake Erie in March

# 1 Daughter called this morning with the sound of Christmas awe and glee in her voice. Camille & her Dad come from a long line of excitable genes that tend to increase the volume of the voice with each and every word-in order to MAKE SURE YOU HEAR THEM! The Conville's could give the British Parliament a run for their money when it comes to "out-shouting" each other. Today though when she called she had this breathy almost whispered, "Mom, guess what!" I knew by her tone the announcement that was coming since not only have I been reading the comments on her blog, but we also flipped by the Steelers game in Pittsburgh last night and saw the precipitation.


I am happy for The Jennings, but as for me and Mr. C.-WE WILL TAKE THE MILDNESS OF LA! We did have a cold? front go through last night and the wind is blowing, but the high today will be 65 degrees. I plan to to out and work in my flower beds and possibly plant some pansies. I bet all of our Yankee friends in the great frozen north are not thinking about winter flowers!


It is a scientific fact, based upon a poll of one-ME-that your blood temperature lowers with your age. This means that the cold can make you literally numb. Now our Northern friends would probably not consider the 40's cold, but when I run in these temperatures and do not have gloves, my hands become literally numb. Until I get that blood temperature back up, with a long hot shower, these appendages are of no use to me. My scientific research has the hypothesis that this is caused by a thickening of the blood in the cold temperatures. It acts on the same basis as the oil in your car-it becomes sludge and then does not flow as freely. This means, as we all understand, that it stays in one spot longer and thus the cold from your skin has longer to cool more of the blood and the vicious cycle is perpetuated. I think I will apply for a government grant to research this theory-FAR MORE RIDICULOUS THEORIES have been funded by our brilliant government.


Enjoy your Snow and cold-all of you Erie-ites. We plan to bask in the warmth of the 60's and enjoy the beauty of our still blooming plants and GREEN GREEN GREEN interspersed with the warm Fall colored leaves. We will check back with you about the first of February and remind you of this day. We will be planning Spring gardens and you, oh yes, you will be looking at the snow and frozen lake. How long does the white stay white and how long does the thrill remain? That is yet to be seen, but we look forward to a long winter of hearing all about it from the Newbie Yankees, The Jennings!
All of my work out buds are busy or gone today, so I need to walk 5-alone and lift weights. We will see if that EVER gets done! ALONE IS NOT FUN!

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh, you're missing the magic you old toot!

Cynthia said...

Thanks. I would love to. I hope you didn't take my post to be a plea for an invitation. It's just something I've been thinking about. I am excited to see you though and I do love Grey's! I'll have to jet out right after though...I open on Friday.