IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, March 4, 2009

FACELIFT-TWO WEEKS DOWN!

Day One-Nothing else needs to be said about that!

One week pictures with stitches and staples still in, but the bad swelling is gone. Eyes and chin are still taped into place.






Two weeks down and counting. I am finding myself in-patient with the swelling going down. My hair is crazy and since I cannot really style it I can't do much with it. It may have something to do with the fact that my scalp is still swollen. What I have ALWAYS desired was to have a neck the size of a Linebacker! Most of my face, scalp and neck are still numb from the surgery trauma, BUT my ears have been VERY sore (probably due to incisions all the way around them? The yellow skin is beginning to go away and the bruises are almost completely absorbed. I am not wearing any make-up for now. My prayer is for healing-relief from swelling & PATIENCE! Worth it all-jury is still out!




The red in my eye will take up to six weeks to absorb and as the nurse told me, "Sometimes just happens." OH GOOD-I'm one of the lucky ones!








6 comments:

SND said...

Oh my goodness, you look great!!! I am so glad that you have done this so we can see how you look from the first til the end. Can't wait to see you up close and personal!!!

SND said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the Jennings secede from the South said...

It is looking better everyday! You look nice!

Deb said...

When I saw you on Sat. you looked almost normal....post that pic. I thought you looked FABULOUS DARLING....so I am anxious to see when the swelling has totally disappeared!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Jeeze woman...although the healing process is remarkable....did you have to put that first one up...It was like a BAM POW right in my face. Sheeeesh. You look fantabulous...although I thought you did before also.

Anonymous said...

What a difference time makes!!!!!!!!!!!

You are looking GREAT!!!!!!!

Love Ya!!

Goose Crick