IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, March 7, 2009

ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES

I have long been a believer in alternative medicines and homeopathic remedies. I have a great book on all of these "Off The Wall" therapies that I frequently peruse. Most doctors turn their noses WAY up in the air when you mention some of these alternatives, but then I find the occasional "Believer" One such recent surprise was my Plastic Surgeon. He gave my Sin Ecch which is Homeopathic Arnica Montana that decreases bruising and swelling after surgery or traumatic injury. Based upon my pictures, I would hate to know how bad I would have looked had I not taken this remedy. He also gave me a list of herbs, vitamins, etc to not take two weeks before surgery and recommended a multi-vitamin with minerals following surgery. MY KIND OF MAN! I have an entire handful of "Supplements, etc" that I take everyday. I AM A BELIEVER!


It appears that after all of these years perhaps BC thinks I may be on to something. He has a cold-a bad cold. He went to the Health Food store across the street from his office and they recommended Collidal Silver. Now believe it or not, I had never heard of this before, but they Know their stuff at The Old Wheat Barn, so I am hoping it will help. You know on second thought, I would bet anything that someone else talked him into this-He's not known to really listen to me much!
After all, my standard remedy for ANY respiratory illness is "A Week On The Beach". It never fails to dry up those pesky running noses and nagging coughs. What better remedy could there be?

3 comments:

Deb said...

Be careful with this stuff....it expires and turns a dark color. I got some several years ago and finally pitched what was left. Also, if you use it too much you can turn a lovely shade of grey. (I think that is a song...or is it pale?) Anyway, you can make your own colloidal silver....google it. Cheap, cheap to make, but have never tried it.

Elisha Leigh said...

I don't think it's the air and salt in the sea that does the trick, I think it's the mind.
Being able to relax! I think it's in our minds a lot of the time.
How could someone possibly be sick on the surf and sand?!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Arnica rules....my rolfer suggests it to reduce inflammation.