IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, March 19, 2009

HENRY J. BLOG CONTEST!


ONE MONTH FROM TODAY- MR. HENRY JAMES JENNINGS


IS SCHEDULED TO MAKE HIS DEBUT! WOW!



TIME FOR A LITTLE FUN!!!!!!!



HOW ABOUT A BLOG CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!




GUESS THE DAY AND TIME OF HENRY'S ARRIVAL!!!!!!


RULES:


1. ONE GUESS PER PERSON -YOU MUST PUT YOUR GUESS AS A COMMENT ON THE BLOG. (BY THE WAY- MUST HAVE NAME OR NICKNAME- NO ANONYMOUS)


2. CLOSEST TO THE ARRIVAL- WITHOUT GOING PAST THE DAY AND TIME!


3. A DATE AND A TIME-INCLUDING HOUR AND MINUTES AS WELL AS AM OR PM.


4. CONTEST STARTS NOW AND ENDS AT MIDNIGHT APRIL 2 (CST)


5. IN THE EVENT THAT MORE THAN ONE GUESS A DAY AND TIME-THE ONE THAT GUESSED FIRST-PER BLOG COMMENT TIME AND DAY IS THE WINNER


6. BLOG CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE RULES-IF I SO SEE THE NEED!


AND NOW YOU ASK- THE PRIZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (TRUMPET BLAST!)


A $30 GIFT CARD TO AMAZON DAH DAH!!!!!!!


IN HONOR OF THE FACT THAT WE ALL AGREE THAT HENRY JAMES WILL BE THE NEXT LITERARY GENIUS IN AMERICA!
BY THE WAY - CONTEST WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED- WHEN HENRY GETS HERE- DUH!

19 comments:

jackie said...

April 15 7:48 a.m.

Hannah Lee said...

April 13 at 1:47 p.m. Did you ask for weight? Oh well, here is my guess on that too- 7 pounds 2 ounces 21 inches

The Tylers said...

April 18 at 9:30 am............hope he comes before the due date so she doesn't have to wait!

Ann Miller said...

april 16 at 2:45pm
henry DOES NOT like tax day; he told me; he said it brings back scary, anxious feelings for his maternal grandmother from a different time in her life; he also doesn't like his parents and loved ones giving away so much of their hardearned money to the government; his paternal grandfather has spoken w/him at length about this subject...

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

04-21-09
08:05
yes, that's a.m. because 8:05 p.m. would be 20:05
I am a 4-21 child and we are pretty choosy about those who share OUR date.

freakface said...

Wow. Tough call. Mama's in good shape, so Hank could conceivably go long since it's unlikely Mama will suffer from gestational diabetes or preeclampsia, especially since this is Mama's first go-round, so I'm betting they won't induce early. On the other hand, only about 5% hit on the day, and it isn't unusual to go long a week before being induced. Hmm...

April 17, 2009 00:00. I'm going to kick myself for betting early, when I want to bet late, but the over-out rule on this contest compels me, I'm afraid.

So my if-I-wasn't-betting-in-this-contest bet would be April 19, 20:01, but that won't count.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Cool! So far, I like Hannah's guess best! I'm going to guess that Henry will be a little Easter baby. April 12, 3:04 a.m.

Jeff and Lauren said...

April 14th at 4:52 pm.

Also, I predict that he will be 8lbs, 1 oz and 20.5 inches long.

Deb said...

2 entries:


I looked in my crystal ball and I think this is the deal:

April 24TH, 8 lbs. 4 ozs. 20.5 inches at 10:30 AM.

second one:

Jim said April 22rd, 7lbs 5ozs, 21.5 inches on at 10:45 PM

Anonymous said...

My guess is April 14th at 3:25 PM. :)

Bethany said...

My guess....

April 16, 2009
7AM

SND said...

My guess is April 20, 2009 at 10:30 a.m.!!! Can't wait to see Baby Henry!!

freakface said...

Oh, yeah, and in the extraordinarily unlikely event that I win, I reserve the right to use the proceeds to purchase library materials for the Hanker.

Anonymous said...

OK Miss Camille, since you like Hannah's date, I'm going with YOUR preference.....April 13 (also because that was my mom's day).....and the time...hmmmmmm.....I'm going to say...5:50 PM.


Goosie Creek

Brittany Hubbell said...

April 19
2:19 p.m.

What a blessing that he will be entering the world with so many people loving him already... no matter what time he arrives!

(By the way, I am Bethany Glupker's sister... :) )

Brooke & Freeland said...

hmmm... I dont want to guess this date. I want to say something earlier. But just for the sake of doing it I will say the 21st at 9:00pm

Anonymous said...

April 18 at 6:35 PM. Check out my guess before you decide to make an appearance.

We are ready to see you.

Anonymous said...

My guess was the previous anon guess of April 18 at 6:35 pm. I was going to sign in, but I accidentally pushed publish.

Babs

Anonymous said...

My guess is April 19th at 5:30pm. Did I make it before the deadline?

Sam