IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, March 2, 2009

THE BLACK HOLE

Friend, Mona, sent me the link to this YouTube site this AM. I chuckled as I watched it and thought of the female mystique associated with "The Hiding Place". Not many of us girls are so endowed to share this marvelous wonder-but the ones I know that are -well let's just say they use it well.

My first memory of "The Hiding Place" was as a young girl. I would see older-Grandma-age women come into the store and pull their money out of their bosom. I WAS FASCINATED! There were some that not only kept it tucked away-but also pinned it to their underwear. This meant when it came time to fork over the dough, they had to first dig and then unpin before counting out the mullah. Then they repeated the process-ALL IN FRONT OF WHOEVER happened to be in the store.

My latest encounter is with Mona. She is generously endowed North of the Border. It is always a dilemma where to put your "Gu" (running fuel) or water while running with no pockets in running clothes. Mona never has this problem! I always laugh and say she has deposited it into "The Black Hole". Now I never been bothered with this problem-I pray for STURDY ELASTIC or anything deposited will end up on the ground. Perhaps some of the swelling I am still experiencing will fall south of my neck and stay. That is definitely wishful thinking. Let's just say when you are thin and muscular-you are thin. As the plastic surgeon said, "Why would you expect someone who has no butt to have boobs?"

ENOUGH SAID ON THAT SUBJECT-I will be in trouble if BC reads this post as it is! ENJOY THE VIDEO!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep!! That black hole comes in handy! When my pants don't have pockets, it's the perfect place for the cell phone! Safely deposited in T B and T....

If your readers don't know what that stands for...well...they will just have to use their imagaination!

This was cool..a blog dedicated to me....Oh!! BYW....I'm the one on the right. Sister girl is on the left!

Goose Creek!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I will think of that now whenever I hear Patsy Cline. You know you can buy some huh? Google 38KKK.

Chrome Cowgirl

adrian seney said...

Do you know who had the best black hole of all??? ROSIE!! She always had money hidden there, I think MawMaw did too, will have to check with Ann on that one.

Ann Miller said...

adrian--good call on rosie and you are so right!! yes, our maw-maw did, too; probably where she hid her "nerve" pills!!

Deb said...

Never have anything much to hide anyway....good thing cuz everything would just fall through.