IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, March 3, 2009

TALENTED #1

#1 Son seems to have gotten ALL of the artistic talent and ability for the family. He has a wonderful "Artistic Eye"-is quite the carpenter, a talented photographer, a decorator with vision, and a musical ear. I am not sure where he came from since I do not seem to have any of those abilities. My Dad was a very talented musician, and my brother is a talented photographer-so it is in the genes somewhere. IF I EVER DISCOVER MY TALENT, I will be sure and let you know! The one thing he DEFINITELY inherited from his dear old Mom is my OCD. YOUR WELCOME- REALLY NO THANKS NECESSARY!

His latest project is a shop for his wood working tools, etc. I secretly suspect it also may be his "Man Shack" as our neighbor calls it. I place to hide away at times. At any rate here are the pictures from his facebook page showing the progression. I am QUITE PROUD of him and his abilities!

THE FLOOR-to the left is the boat house he built.

The Frame
Roof is On
Windows & Doors Framed In


The Door & Windows in Place


On goes the siding


Garage Door and Complete Siding





Inside Finished -NOTE the Signs of OCD






Inside Looking The Other Way-I especially like the natural light



We are VERY impressed. He tells me he intends to add an arbor and some trellises that he will plant around to hide the shop. SO TALENTED-don't you think?
Tomorrow-two week face pictures. I CANNOT believe it has already been two weeks!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY NICE! I want one. Poor Rob has to work in the driveway, and then drag his tools back into the garage.

Chrome Cowgirl

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Lora! I think you are very talented- look at those christmas decorations and my fun Baby shower!! Also just wanted to say that we are praying for you and glad recovery is going well. Not being a "medical" person it makes me hurt just to look at your pictures so I can only imagine the pain you have gone through!

ps. Tell Scott that Brian would KILL to have a shop like that. He's always bugging me about having one in the backyard.

Deb said...

Love it....I will show Jim. He loves anything like this and would love to sit with Scott and talk about all the details. It is amazing some folks just seem to have a sense about such things. Jim got his music from his mom and his building from his dad. It really isn't fair....I wonder if any of it will filter down to grandson "Andy"....or as Josh and Randi call the new baby, "Soda".

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Whoa,whoa, whoa I think that I am the talented and creative one of the family!

adrian seney said...

I am very impressed! Not a creative or talented bone in my body, either!! Something should be said for you mothering him...I am SURE you have something to do with fostering that creativity in him!

Anonymous said...

I think I've just found a perfect vacation getaway!! Think Scott will rent it out???

Do not kid yourself. I know exactly from where Scott inherited his creativity. I've seen his mom in action....from decorating your own home, to decorating for showers, WEDDINGS, and the lastest.....NURSERIES!!!! Your imagination is AMAZING!
Martha Stewart has NOTHING on you!

Goose Creek