IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BEEP BEEP!!!!!!

Here in Louisiana we have these fellows:
We actually had one to run across the road in front of us one day when out for a bike ride. THEY CAN RUN FAST!!!!!

We also have these little fellows. I have seen one when out walking in my neighborhood, but they move SO FAST that I have never gotten a picture. The Chrome Cowgirl caught this fellow in the act right by her house and sent me the picture-----AND WHAT A GREAT PICTURE IT IS!



If you have EVER seen both in action, I don't think there is ANYWAY that
THIS-

WILL EVER HAPPEN. NOT IN A BLUE MOON-NO WAY!
Happy St. Patty's Day to all my Irish ancestry claiming friends. Since Momma had done extensive family tree research, I knew my roots on her side were Scot-Irish. BC was convinced he had Irish roots. When we went to Ireland, our guide stuck his nose in the air when BC told him his family name and informed him he too was Scot-Irish. The Irish can make it sound like such an insult! Here's lifting a mug of Guinness to all you Green Blooded Purist!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never say never. I got married on a blue moon.

Chrome Cowgirl

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I never saw those roadrunners til I moved to Waco! They are speedy!

Hannah Lee said...

Wait. There are really such things as road runners. Why didn't I know this?

Deb said...

I saw one when I first moved down here 20 years ago and have not seen one since....must have been a blue moon I guess!

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

if you want to see a road runner, drive west on I-20 between Ruston and Funroe, 1/2 hour before dark. They will be ONLY on the north side of the interstate standing in the shade of the trees and ALWAYS facing south. I have no idea why they do this but I have seen them hundreds of times.