IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, March 8, 2009

PURIST!

BC put my new "toy" together this afternoon-even while suffering with a Spring cold. He has spent most of the weekend "chilling" and trying to get over this pesky inconvenience. Late this afternoon he began the process of assembling a thousand parts into my newest grill. He started the process with intentions of only doing part of the job, and ended up doing the "whole deal".

I am a grilling purist and always use charcoal when grilling. I like the favor and you just miss out on that wonderful taste when you use butane grills. This grill is the "Cadillac" of charcoal grills with a butane starter for the charcoal, a thermometer, and a huge body. I have used the smallest Weber for years and finally melted through the wire rack after MANY a hot fire. BC ordered me a new grill and I did not realize that he had ordered the "Best". I also am somewhat of a "Weber Snob". When taking cooking classes with "The Chef, Terry,", he introduced me to the wonders of Weber. I immediately bought my first small grill and not only use it year round, but actually grill 3 times a week-minimum during the summer. There is just something about the ambiance of cooking on the deck during our long warm season here in Louisiana.

Hopefully the "learning curve" will be short and I will develop my grilling expertise quickly. My mouth is watering just thinking about getting out there and firing it up. HAPPY GRILLING!










7 comments:

freakface said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-SOME!

I do the grilling. We have a pit for the charcoal, and a regular steel body for the propane.

However, if I was going to get a cast-iron piece for charcoal, that might be what I would choose...

Gabe said...

It appears he forgot to install the bells and whistles...

Anonymous said...

When's the BBQ??????????????


That is one cool piece of machinery!!!!



(Goosie Girl!)

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Cool! That's making me hungry. Way to go, Dad!

Hannah Lee said...

How fun! We just got a new grill as well. I must say, though, we try to find things all ready put together...we aren't so good at "handy" work. I wish we were though! It would save us so much money! Maybe I should just call Mr. BC up next time!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

That does not look like a Big Green Egg......

Greg said...

I got the same gril for my birthday last August. You are going to love it!