IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, March 9, 2009

PLEASE STOP FOOLING AROUND WITH THE TIME!

The initial changing of the time did not really bother me on Sunday-since church does not start until 10:45. The "Truth" of the change hit home this morning when the clock went off in the dark. Since I am in a forced "hiatus" from running with my buds in the early morning (or late night) hours, I have grown accustomed to sleeping later. I must admit I have enjoyed the extra time in the bed and not having to hit the floor in the early early early hours of the day. I really miss my Buds-but the late sleeping has been a wonderful consolation prize.

This morning when the clock went off I was reminded of how much I DO NOT like this time of the year. The extra hours of daylight in the afternoon are wonderful-but I am a morning person. I prefer the daylight on the other end. Really it doesn't matter a lot to me if we have "Day-light savings" or "Regular" time. The ONLY thing I ask is that it stay the same year round. Since day-light savings time has been extended to 8 months of the year, why not just all year?

It will take me a good week to get accustomed to the new time-and then I will forget all about it. When I go to Erie in April and they have REALLY long daylight hours, I will have a difficult time sleeping. That could be a good thing, since I seem to remember you do not get a lot of sleep with a new baby. I guess that period of time could be called "Henry" time as we will all be on his schedule for sure.

5 comments:

Elisha Leigh said...

I LOVE the light at night. Especially in the summer- longer hours on the lake to play!
Also, little H better not steal my day. :) Even if he is miles and miles away, I can't wait til the little fella gets here. I know he will be cute as a button.

Jessica Stephenson said...

I agree- consistency would be good, especially where children are concerned. My boys are very sleepy & slightly grumpy.

Anonymous said...

Bite your tongue! This is my favorite time of the year. Go take a nap!! (Although I ate pollen while riding my bike)

Chrome Cowgirl

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh I love more daylight when I get off work!!!

Hannah Lee said...

I love more daylight but I hate losing an hour. It throws our family into a tailspin. Who could we write to stop daylight savings time?