IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, March 13, 2009

SHARING IT ALL!

One of the "Perks" of married life is sharing. What one has is available for the other. There is no need to purchase "two" of everything as many things can be shared. Now I do not go to the lengths that #1 Daughter does, I DO NOT share a toothbrush. We do only have one shovel, one pitchfork, one hoe, and on and on-of course for SOME STRANGE REASON, I seem to be the one that gets to enjoy using those the most. We do have two mowers and two blowers-but that came from buying new ones after old ones were not broken, but it just seemed time. This means that the two of us can go after those chores at the same time (Doesn't happen very often).

The latest thing that BC has shared with me is "His cold". HOW KIND! It seems that he has clients that are too sick to go anywhere, but thought they would run by his office and visit with some earth shaking need that could not happen over the telephone. He came home with a cold a week ago and has sniffed, blown, snorted, and coughed for the entire week. Although we both took precautions, I still ended up getting the lovely malady-just about the time that I was getting going full steam again. I do not seem to be as sick as he was-NATURALLY! (WHY IS IT THAT THE MAN THINKS HE IS ALWAYS THE SICKEST?) This is REALLY annoying though. I DO NOT EVER HAVE TIME TO BE IN ILL HEALTH! At least I am not missing out on running, since I am still on my "Forced Surgery Down Time"!

My only concern is that my "New Chin" might fly off while letting out a BIG sneeze. As Archie would say, "STIFLE IT!" OK-Edith needs to go soak in a steamy shower and hopefully unclog all the drains! AS ALWAYS, I LOVE SHARING!

5 comments:

Ann Miller said...

so nice of uncle bc to share w/you!!! i was so scared when we were in disney of our 1,000,000 friends sharing their germs w/my kids, that i became a bit "over the top" w/the antibacterial!!! jack would rub his hands all over every inch of every pole, bar, and table he could find, and emma wasn't much better!! it worked, though, they did not get sick when we were there, but since we have been back they have both developed a version of the whooping cough/emphazema!! hope you feel better--and please don't blow off your new chin!!

Hannah Lee said...

Hang on to it! Haha! That is just when of the perks of being married- you share the good, the bad, and the ugly FOREVER!

Anonymous said...

This may be worse than your chin flying off. Sneezing while eating dark chocolate and wearing light colored pants. Do not do this at home! Something I learned the hard way.

Chrome Cowgirl

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I hope you feel better!

freakface said...

Y'all obviously don't live in the country, where even two of any yard implement is the sign of a city person who just moved out yonder...

But thanks, you can keep the cold.