IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, February 20, 2009

NO SISSY GIRL!

The nice doctor told me I could wash my hair today. I was VERY apprehensive about doing this and told Nurse Sonja so last night. She said just wait until Saturday and I will help you. Being raised in a family of boys and Momma who allowed no show of emotion, I decided I had to try and wash my hair today. Well it is easier said than done! Without going into graphic detail, let's just say it will take more than one washing and I gave out before it was squeaky clean. Add to that the complication of LOTS of staples and stitches-well you get the picture! Thank goodness for LOTS of gauze! I did manage to conquer the fear and stand the pain though-ONE MORE TIME in my life! I NEVER liked being called a "Sissy"!

Off to the doctor this afternoon for eyelid stitch removal. NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know a good barber.

Chrome Cowgirl

the Jennings secede from the South said...

You go girl!!! As you always told me, "Take two ibuprofen and push through it!"

Ann Miller said...

i am sure dad would be glad to help you, just call him!!
actually, laurie is probably a great nurse after having such a difficult patient, so often!!

Hannah Lee said...

HAHA! Camille! I think ibuprofen might not cut it. Maybe it will for you, you tough girl! So proud of you!

Deb said...

Bobbie still has his clippers.... it would be one less thing to worry with.