IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MY FACE ON ICE!!!!!

As promised the pictures from day one & two are below. I have some that are MUCH more graphic, but in the hope of not RUNNING OFF all those with sensitive stomachs I will refrain from posting them all. If you would like to see more, let me know and I will give you a private viewing.

The first two days are pretty much a blur. The last full memory I have before walking down the hall in the hotel is being wheeled out of the surgery prep. The wonderful thing is that they do not give you a general anesthetic-only a local with amnesia causing pain drugs on the side. The surgery took six hours-WOW six unaccountable hours! I do not remember any pain-some discomfort in the middle of the night around one of my ears, but that is it. Sonja took excellent care of me anticipating what I needed before I even had time to think of it. I understand that I had part of a milk shake for supper and mostly did a lot of sleeping.

After actually getting up and bathing the next day, Sonja took me back to the doctor after lunch (24 hours) to remove the pressure dressing and drains. That day is also a blur of memories including laughing with the nurse at the doctor's office. Laughing and telling the doctor I had "Buyer's Remorse", and FINALLY getting back to "Home Sweet Home".

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK-ANYONE IN THERE?????
My Head Literally In An Ice Bucket
WARNING WARNING-GRAPHIC PHOTO
THE LOSER END OF A HEAVY WEIGHT PRIZE FIGHT
THE UNI-BOMBER TRAVELING INCOGNITO


IF YOU LOOK CLOSE, YOU WILL NOTICE WE BOTH ARE SMILING!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn!

Chrome Cowgirl

Hannah Lee said...

Holy Moly! Mrs. Lora! I know this is all worth you looking even more beautiful than you all ready are...but...OUCH! Hope today you are feeling better!

The Tylers said...

WOW YOU ARE SO BRAVE! I unfortunately, have watched WAY too way Dr. 90210s to have anything done:). You are beautiful anyway and hope you are thrilled with the outcome:)!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!

Deb said...

I pictured it pretty much like this...watch a lot of medical stuff on the telly. I bet having your hair plastered to your head like that was the worst thing! I am anxious to see the before and after side by side....that is why I watch those makeover tv shows. In a few weeks this will all be a dream....hang in there.

Anonymous said...

You hang in there girlfriend! You are looking better and sounding stronger every day. It's amazing the difference there was in just one week! The black and blue is almost gone, and like you said, you're more yellow now.....from Rocky to Tweetie Bird!!!!!

Just know that you are in my prayers constantly!!!!!!!!!! GOOSE CREEK