IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, February 13, 2009

MY FIRST VALENTINE

Anniversary Roses
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day-a sweet day that we are reminded of "Love" and the loved ones in our life. I have received many valentines throughout my life. I distinctly remember the first box of Valentine's Candy that I received. I was still in Elementary School and my boyfriend gave me a huge box of candy. A red box shaped like a Valentine with a silk rose on top-and full of all types of delicious candy. Steve was a sweet friend and he was taken from us shortly after graduating high school-he had MD.
Have you ever received a "Valentine" that you felt was TRULY heart felt or do you think your Valentines are attempts to appease societal demands with only "Duty" origins? Had you rather receive no Valentine or one that is sent only with a sense of duty? What about a quickly purchased card bought at the last moment with no thought-only panic to make sure the "job is done".
Tell me what you think of "The Holiday" and what your expectations are for the day. Would you prefer to hide in the closet for the day or do you relish the celebration? Valentine's Day - Love it of Forget it?

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I do like getting flowers at work...it is fun!!!!

Bethany said...

I do love Valentine's day! Josh and I don't make a huge to-do about it but he does make sure I feel extra special with flowers and a nice dinner. Though this year we opted for a Valentine's day breakfast!

Anonymous said...

I think as long as you have SOME day once a year that you make special to remember each other...that day doesn't have to be Valentines day! I'm just hoping that Brian and I will have a night out alone sometime in the next few months :)

ps. sorry I don't always comment, but I love reading your blog!