IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, February 27, 2009

FACELIFT QUESTIONS

Today is the day! Finally-I get all of the stitches and staples out. The "Daughter of Frankenstein" will be NO MORE! As the sweet "Running Group" have brought our supper over EVERY night since surgery, I have gotten MANY questions.

"What are the staples and stitches for?"-They are holding my face on.

"Did they take your face off?"-Thankfully-NO-they pulled the skin back and tightened it up.

"Where did that skin go?"-I assume they cut part of it out-but DON'T really want to know. It makes no sense that they would just fold it up and staple it down.

"How far do the staples go?"-All the way behind the ear (about 1/2 inch from ear) to the bottom of the hairline in the back on both sides.

"Do you only have staples?"-There are stitches that start inside my ear and go all the way around it. I also seem to feel stitches along with staples along my hairline.

"Why can't you turn your head?"-It has something to do with pulling on the sutures.

"Why can't you bend over?"-I assume my face might fall off.

"How did they get your chin implant in?"-There is a small incision under my chin where he inserted it while also tightening up my neck. I have not seen that incision yet, but as the tape is removed today-I will.

"Does it hurt?"-No-the staples and stitches are uncomfortable. The Doctor told me to "Deal with it" when I told him that. As the swelling has gone down, there has been less discomfort. I had my last pain pill on Friday (Tuesday surgery) and have only taken Tylenol since. I believe I took a grand total of less than 10 pain pills.

"Is it worth it?"-For now-I think yes-but we will all be the judge when the healing is complete.

"Would you do it again?"-Too early to say.

Did I answer your question? If not, leave a comment or email me and I will be glad to be "Candid" and truthful. Pics without hardware are coming. As one of my buds said, "Thank goodness you aren't trying to go through airport security right now!"







4 comments:

freakface said...

Yikes! That's why you don't show the "right after" pictures!

Anonymous said...

Please don't bend over!!

I liked your face before...and I know I'll love it after...I JUST DO NOT WANT IT TO FALL OFF!!!!

I would still run with you even if you didn't have a face, but I'd get tired of folks saying, "I saw you running last week (or a few days ago, or yesterday, etc etc...)
By the way....who is the lady without a face???"

Love ya! Goose Creek

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are one strong woman. As you have probably heard I have a broken tail bone, and was feeling sorry for myself being so far from home. I almost fell off the bed when Pam called to check on me and told me what you have done. Girl, didn't you hear me at Christmas say how good you looked!! I do know all about wanting to look better than we think we look. I spent thousands having orthognathic surgery on my jaw to move it forward and went though 8 weeks of having my mouth wired shut, just to look better. Everyone thought I was crazy!!! I am satisfied with the end results and it is all about how you feel in the end. I have always thought you were beautiful inside and out. Hope to make it home next Wed. See you soon. I also will be sixty this year, and after my fall I am feeling pretty old. Out of the mouth of babes, Lily told me I was an old lady. I do definitely need a face lift, but don't think I am as strong as you are. I will keep you in my prayers and you please do the same. Give my love to BC. lol cjw

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Not a wrinkle to be seen....good god woman, you have guts!!! now could you get a slight tummy tuck for me??? I don't need much, really, just a smidge.