IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, February 2, 2009

HEED MY WARNING!

Today was my semi-annual visit to the dermatologist. If you play-YOU PAY! As a child I had more burns than I care to recount. As a teenager, I loved lying out and soaking up rays. As a young adult, I discovered Florida and the beach and more sun worshipping. The last 30 years I have spent running in the sun and working in the yard-in the sun. I finally got wise after having a skin cancer removed from my forehead over 10 years ago, but the damage had been done. By staying out of the sun now and wearing sunscreen, I am avoiding further damage, but my visits to the doctor are not fun.

Today I had two biopsies and two places burned off. I would love to have that glow that only comes from long hours in the sun, but I promise you the price is STEEP and NOT WORTH IT!

4 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

We just have that lily skin that loves to burn....

I can't wait until my skin cancer starts showing up!

Hannah Lee said...

I really should heed your advice. I have had six places biopsied on my body. One that was precancerous but they were able to take out enough with a deeper incision. I can't stop though...I love the sun but it does not love me.

Bethany said...

I know you speak so much truth but it is so hard! I love being tan. Thankfully now, there are so many sunless tanners that actually work well. Jergens makes a great lotion that gradually tans your skin. I haven't been using now since I'm pregnant but I highly recommend it.

Deb said...

You talk to Jim....he won't listen to me!