IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, February 16, 2009

LATE NIGHTS

The not so fun part of life lately is sleepless nights. Middle of the night that I awaken and lie in the bed staring at the clock. The minutes slowly slip by and I stare at the clock and wonder why I cannot just fall back asleep. Nights when thoughts cloud my conscious and the day runs through my mind non-stop. Thoughts that run in circles with no relief or conclusions. Long-dark-quiet nights of no sleep.

It seems I am not the only one that suffers with these long nights. For some reason, with age, comes sleeplessness. Somewhere-perhaps even near by-there are others gazing at late night television, reading a book, or maybe blogging about their long night of sleeplessness. There seems to be no solution-hopefully tomorrow night will be better.

2 comments:

Deb said...

About once a week I am up from about 2:30 - 4:00. Very strange. It makes for a very yawny day.

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

a big glass of vino helps.