IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ANNIVERSARY DINNER

A special occasion deserves a "special meal". Somewhere along the way, I have realized that I am able to prepare meals just as delicious as most restaurants. When I plan the menu and prepare the meal, then I am in control of the meal. Yesterday's Anniversary Dinner deserved a special treat-so Lamb was the entree.

I have never cooked a "Rack of Lamb" before, but have prepared lamb on many occasions. Since the weather was nice, I was able to grill, so "Grilled Rack of Lamb" was the choice. The secret to grilling is to cook to the desired temperature and not ONE degree more. Take the meat off the grill and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. I rubbed the "Rack" with spices before grilling over a hot fire for a relatively short period of time. When the meat thermometer showed the magic number, off it came. I served it with "Smashed Potatoes, Pearl Onions, & Garlic"- butter and cheese added with the seasonings and a "Spring Mix" salad with Hendrickson's Dressing. The dressing is a recent discovery by BC and it is delicious. Ironically my step father's last name was Hendrickson-so this gave it a little "Family Touch."

For dessert, I soaked strawberries in confectionery sugar and a sweet wine for a few hours. Served ice cream with strawberry layers topped with whipped cream. It was delicious. Next time though, I plan to add a chocolate brownie or cookie layers also.

Great meal and good company-all you need to make dinner special!

The Grilled Racks
Presentation-presentation-presentation
Dessert





9 comments:

Jessica Stephenson said...

That looks delicious. Poor Chris will have to settle for a clean house and dinner out for our anniversaries.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yum smashed potatoes!!!!!!

jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jackie said...

What a beautiful meal you fixed! Where did you find lamb around here? I have never cooked it, but have eaten it and love it.

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome!!!

adrian seney said...

Will you please bring me some strawberries??!! They look yummy.

Ann Miller said...

our anniversary is coming up...we'll take the same menu

Lindsey said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

I have never eaten lamb..that I am aware of! That looked really good....Of course, you know I had to scroll down as quickly as I could to check out the dessert!!!


Goose Creek