IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, February 21, 2009

CHANGE OF RELIGION OR NATIONALITY?????

BoldOk-4 days down and I am beginning to feel like myself again. BC told me I also was beginning to look like Lora again. The trip to the doctor wiped me out-BUT I AM SO THANKFUL for the miracle of narcotics! Sonja recommended taking a pain pill about 30 minutes before my doctor visit and I followed her excellent advice. Taking the stitches out of the delicate eye area was a little painful-but with the help of pain meds and Lamaze breathing (learned long ago), it was fine. The doc did have to drain the hematoma again, but it was not really painful at all this time. I did laugh since they swept me right in-after a few stares in the waiting room and asked me to leave by the back door. TOO FUNNY!

When I leave I do wrap my head and most of my face in a scarf, which might lead one to wonder if I have changed religions. NOT TO WORRY-trying to protect the innocent! I also have turned a really lovely shade of yellow. Could I have some Oriental heritage that I never knew about? WAIT perhaps I have liver damage! No-just the bruising starting to absorb as the Doc so quaintly put it-"The white blood cells are the janitorial crew for your body." I know Adam will love that quote.

Still working on getting the hair squeaky clean, but don't think that will totally happen until I get the MANY staples and stitches removed. HEY-I DO HAVE A CHIN NOW! I will be the envy of all of my family, since we are all pretty much chinless. The fact that mine is currently held in place by tape is a minor matter!

I am getting back to my old self-can't you tell?

BC has been a wonderful nurse! Has his chair right by the couch and here we sit like two old people. He did say yesterday that he hoped one of us was always able to take care of the other. GOOD POINT!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Glad to know you have someone taking good care of you. Thanks for the updates!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Wait..how do you have a chin now?

Deb said...

ahhh....you two are sweet. Let us know when you can have visitors! Does all of this make you lose weight? That might be inncentive enough!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I still can't believe you did this. I would be terrified to go under the knife voluntarily. Would love a little tweaking to the tummy that all this exercise won't budge but tooooooo scarrredy cattttt to go under. I give you credit! You are more of a woman that I am.