IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, February 8, 2009

FIVE MALE EGOS & MOVING DAY!

I know you all have heard of "Two Men & A Truck"-the moving company. Yesterday I observed "Five Men and A Truck & A Trailer" moving company. Friday night Pete told us that he was moving back to TN to be close to his family since he had lost his job this week. A tough week for Pete, but when you hear the details of how God worked it out in a few days for him to be back close to his boys it is wonderful. I asked did Pete have help moving and he said Steve(his old small group leader) was helping. I QUICKLY volunteered our guys to go help also. I am REALLY good at volunteering other people like that!

When we pulled up this is what greeted us-a truck and a U-Haul trailer. I immediately thought-NO WAY- is he going to get all of his "Stuff" in there. BC, James, Jim, Steve and Pete went to work and I stayed out of the way. TOO many male egos are a scary thing!

I was VERY impressed with how well they worked together AND that they got all of Pete's stuff packed in the truck and trailer. They were never cross, listened to one another, worked on solving space issues, and in general DID A GREAT JOB! No slackers-they all pitched in and did everything down to cleaning out the frig. Another example of "The Body of Christ" doing life together!

A Two Bedroom Apartment Has To Fit Into Here!
Pete & BC wrapping the television with a mattress
WHO is giving the orders?


Jim & Steve packing TIGHTLY!



They VERY patiently loaded and reloaded to get it all in.


Pete & BC finding another cubby hole to put something in.






The Guys packing the kitchen.




How many men does it take to pack one bunk bed ladder?









They let me enjoy their break with them after a job well done!







Final Step-Hooking The Trailer Up-TEAM WORK To The End!




The true miracle of the day is that I kept my mouth shut and just watched. I think I am an expert at packing and moving, so that was NO SMALL THING! It was quite enjoyable seeing the guys complete the job and WITHOUT a female telling them how to do it!
We will miss Pete who had become a Friday night regular and a new member of Small Group. We do look forward to seeing how God continues to put him -Just Where He Wants Him! It is truly a wonder to watch God work in the lives of those that He loves. GOOD BYE, PETE!









No comments: