IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'M STILL HERE

The one thing the doc forgot to tell me before I stepped off into this abyss was limited reading and television for 10 days to promote healing. OH GREAT-10 days with no activity and now this!

The past couple of days have been mostly a blur. I am happy to report that the pain is minimal. I have had 2 pain pills and several tylenol, but that is it. The pain came in the form of a headache the first night and then my chin yesterday. Although I look like Rocky Balboa after that guy beat him to a pulp, so far I have not yelled "Cut Me!" so I could see out of my eyes.

The first 24 hours I was in a compression bandage to reduce swelling-I believe the nurse called it an egg. Fortunately I was OUT of it when they pulled that girdle like buddy over my head. They actually cut if off yesterday. I had a large hematoma (sp?)on my neck that the doc had to drain, but Sonja had given me 1/2 a pain pill before going to see Dr. Brown, so not too bad.

Sonja has been the Nurse Extraordinaire. It was a God thing that I asked her and she agreed to be with me. It has been pretty gross at times and I don't think BC or anyone else would have enjoyed tending to some of it. Yesterday before leaving the hotel she met another guest in the hall looking for housekeeping. He said, "I've spilt coffee and wanted to warn them." She cracked up and said, "It looks like someone was murdered in our room, so I wouldn't worry about a little coffee."

BC is being very attentive and #2 is here for a friend's funeral so he is taking it all in. Pics will come as we are taking a pictorial log of it all, but I can't see well enough yet (swelling) to edit them.

I did laugh and tell the doctor yesterday that I was feeling a little "buyer's remorse". It will be a GREAT relief to get the sterii-strips taken off around my eyes as they drive me crazy. Tomorrow AM I can wash my hair and Sonja is coming to re-bandage. The runners are feeding us-so I am being well taken care of. More to come-need to rest my eyes

6 comments:

Ann Miller said...

i can't wait to see you!! if your dr. is the one is s'port, i have heard great things about him!! love you!!
sorry about why gabe is there, but i am sure you love having him!

Ann Miller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Awww, I hope you get to feeling better soon. If this is what makes you happy then I am all for it! Take it easy! You seem like the kind who might try to do too much, so don't! haha. Sending my best.

Anonymous said...

Your little runners always come through!!!!!

Deb said...

I had to laugh out loud when you said you have not cried out, "cut me!" cuz I sorta pictured you in my head ala Rocky....we are glad to hear your are doing well. Like so many things it is just patience. At least you can still listen to FOX news! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) That will cheer you up, NOT!

Hello to #2 and so sorry about his friend....very sad.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

HOLY CRAP....i can't believe you did this. You have gutz women. Although, you certainly did not look like anyone that needed a face lift in any of your pictures.