IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, February 16, 2009

THE LAND OF NIP & TUCK

Tomorrow brings a day that has been coming for about 6 weeks. Momma told me about 20 years ago that I really should do something about my face and even offered to pay for it. Tomorrow I will be following Momma's advice. Unfortunately, she will not be here to see the results-but I know she is smiling down on me today. My Mother was a good looking woman and very self assured about her looks. I look like my Daddy's side of the family. Now that is not a bad thing, but I did not inherit her good skin and did not spend the time she did maintaining myself. For that reason, I am in need of a little tightening up.

When I went to see the area's guru in this particular area, I thought I knew just what I needed. He was very kind and assured me I did not look my 60 years, BUT I needed to have a little more done that I thought I did. The one thing he said that really did make sense is do not piece meal it. Don't be running back and forth having one procedure at a time. If you are going to do it, fix it right and you don't have to worry about it for about 10 years. He explained that when you fix one thing, then the others that might not catch your attention while glazing in the mirror, will become more evident. I suppose that all makes sense. At any rate, I will be having "The Full Meal Deal" tomorrow-bright and early.

I have really pondered whether I should blog about this. I have not handled it as a "Big Secret"-HEY if you know me, you will know by looking(HOPEFULLY!) I discussed it with #1 Daughter and she thought you might be interested-especially if I am brutally honest. So with that said-I will tell you the truth-the whole truth and nothing but the truth-including before & after pics.

No post tomorrow-but hopefully by Wednesday when I get home-I will give you the latest news and if I survived. I will still be the same person and look like the same person-hopefully just a little more - UP TIGHT!

11 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I am so glad you posted about this! We like to track your journey!

SND said...

I am excited also and looking foward to your post. Will be thinking of you tomorrow!!!

Ann Miller said...

i am jealous and cannot wait to see!!! for those who do not know you---she is a hottie---and those that do---you already know she is a hottie!!! yeah for you! hard to imagine the best becoming better, though...any question why i am your favorite???

adrian seney said...

Let me clear up one thing for the readers...I AM THE FAVORITE! Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I think you are BEAUTIFUL and always have! I love everything about you...I have always wished I had gotten the James family genes...I may have my dad's facial features, but I have my mom's everything else! I have never been satisfied, either.....We love you and will pray for you. Does BC need anything? Can we bring a meal?

Anonymous said...

It is 7:25AM and I've been thinking of not much else but you since I woke up.

You know without my saying that I'm praying for you constantly. And I'll see you Thursday!!

Love ya!!

Goose Creek

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you needed any work, but that's your decision. You are mighty brave!

Chrome Cowgirl

Hannah Lee said...

I thought you were beautiful before and I know you will be beautiful after. I will be praying for you! Thanks for sharing with us!

Brooke & Freeland said...

Hope you are feeling okay!! I love that you are posting about it for all of us to "experience" with you! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad our prayers have been answered so far for a good surgery. We will be praying for your recovery (speedy) so that you will be ready to make the trek to PA to meet baby J! :)

Jessica Stephenson said...

I think you already look great! However, I am for whatever makes a person feel better about themselves. Chris told me that we (he and I) were only going to get uglier with age; I told him he could speak for himself- I'm all for a little help ;) I hope you have a quick recovery!

Deb said...

Been prayin' and was glad to hear you are doing well. You're a beautiful and brave girl, too. See ya soon.