IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, August 3, 2008

SUNDAY'S REVIEW

"Momma Mia"-bc & I went to the matinee presentation of this movie today. I believe he went just to appease me-but I KNEW what his reaction would be. Here in a nutshell is my review:
bc-laughed, cried, patted his foot, clapped his hands, snapped his fingers & did just about everything but get up on dance. Very good movie and MOST of the music is really great. There were a couple of scenes that I could have done without and who EVER decided to let Pierce Brosnan sing needs their head examined. BC announced "I could sing better than that." That dear friends is an understatement. The only thing I could figure out is that he had enough "Star Clout" to insist upon singing. Personally if I had heard the sound track before the release and had been him, I would have INSISTED they dub over me. He was definitely the wink link and probably the reason the regional paper I read gave it 3 stars and not 4. BC said he thought it was as good as "Grease". NOT BY A LONG SHOT, but still a great movie and a very enjoyable afternoon. Sitting in the dark and cool theater all afternoon sure beat being outside in the 100 degree heat! Go see it-well worth the price of admission.

No comments: