IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, August 30, 2008

LIFE GOES ON AS DISASTER LOOMS!

We are getting ready for ML's Baby shower, while impending doom is hanging over us. We have National Guard units passing through on their way to South Louisiana. The local emergency situation units are meeting and organized. We have all volunteered to help when needed. The pantry is stocked and the tanks are full-we are as ready as you could ever be! Meanwhile life goes on!

Tomorrow is the day for the shower. I have spent my day giving orders and lining things out for the party. ML came by today and she and # 3 went for a walk. Shades of yesterday!

Thought you might enjoy the latest creation by Lora's Floras. I even surprise myself sometimes with the ideas that I come up with. Gerber daisies and ducks-HOW MUCH MORE BABISH COULD YOU GET!

SOOOOOOO-WHAT DO YOU THINK??????

7 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I, personally, think it looks fab, dahling...

Baby High Five said...

the flowers look great! have a nice shower.

adrian seney said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Gerber Daisies! Looks great! May call you if we have evacuees....might as well visit with the family if the opportunity arises!

jackie said...

Lora, it's so cute. I'm a fan of Gerber daisies for any occasion!! I can't believe almost three years to the day that our state is going thru this torture again. Tell MaryLou and Faye hi for me!

Deb said...

Soooo cute. I know this will be a fun day for you all. Give ML a hug for me. I know she will be the best MOM!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Hey, please know that if you guys would ever need to evacuate that you are MORE than welcome to come up here. We 2 free bedrooms now that the college bound son left. It is better than a hotel room now that is has been fumigated etc. I promise we are not weird! heheheheh well, I can't promise.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I love rubber ducks.....EVERYONE should have at least ONE.