IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, August 24, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY GRAND!

ohhhhhh-I've been sneaky! We made a flying trip to Austin for #2 Grand's 6th BD celebration this weekend & I didn't tell you. Not only that, but Saturday was SUCH a full day that I did not get anything posted. As the kids would say, "My Bad!"

We did not get to leave until almost noon Friday which put us well after 7 getting in Friday night. A full day of BD celebrating Saturday and a long trip back home today. It was all worth it and then some! Here are some pics from the weekend:

We went to one of the local party places that have all the games and rides for the celebration. Here are # 1 on the right and a couple of the friends waiting to get to the fun while Mom pays the tab.

Here is California Girl-Co-Worker-Horse-Rider-Mom & Son also waiting.
Such serious faces! BC seems to be scoping out what he would like to do next. #1 is on left and friend from school.

And They are OFF! As the checkered flag is lowered to begin the race.



The girls loved spinning in the tea pot. Personally I got sick just watching!



I KNEW bc wouldn't be able to withstand the temptation. Here is #2 grand giving him a little lesson in shooting.

Hand-eye coordination and brute strength seem to be the name of the game here. This could be the next Olympic Sport.




Three musketeers. Don't you love the looks on their faces!


This is one of those dance things where you put your feet on the lighted cube. The girls were quite good at it. I did not want to show them how you loose all of that agility and quick response time in your old age-so I stayed off of it.


DEAD SERIOUS-Brothers in a shoot out at OK Corral.



This thing just keeps going up and down and down and up and up and down and down------------NO THANK YOU ----Serious inner ear problem!


WHAT TO WISH FOR---------------------------------------------


A little "Happy Birthday" chorus with added words led by Big Brother that seem to be amusing everyone!



The Paparazzi (get it Papa).




HEY WHAT ABOUT US???????????????? Said Big Sugar (aka-El Whoppo) and Henri (aka Henry)


Part of the loot a Laser Tag that #2 is setting up as #1 watches on.



GREAT WEEKEND! The thing dragging behind me, if you should see me tomorrow-is my tail!















8 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Aw, that looks like fun! I wish we'd been there! Happy birthday, Cade!!!

Baby High Five said...

thanks for driving all the way to austin and having birthday fun and for the presents! We love you Momma LuLu and Papa Bob!

adrian seney said...

Glad you had a good trip! Sunday school was a breeze....Lori has it under control....gotta love a school teacher!

Deb said...

Fun times..savor them!

Anonymous said...

Kids and birthdays just naturally go together...Looks like you all had a lotta fun....Wish I had been there....Texas Birthdays, gotta love'em....

Hannah Lee said...

I am so glad you guys got to sneak off to celebrate! You've got a handsome grandson. I wish we had places like that around Ruston...You seem to be enjoying the new camera!

Anonymous said...

El Guapo as in, "oh look, it's a sweater"
great seeing you guys!
no. 2

Anonymous said...

Hey Lora! Thanks for stopping by! And I am so grateful for the freedom of telling it like it really is (for me, anyway). Have lived most of my life *not telling stuff*.

Leaving for the shore tomorrow and the waterpark...so excited about being drenched in the waters...I will think of it as a baptism

Amen!!!