IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MY GOOD DEED FOR THE DAY!

I wish I had a scanner. I would show you the ad I saw in the local paper tonight. An avid paper reader, I was spending the 15 minutes it takes to read through our local daily (why is it a daily when they do not have a Saturday issue?) When I came across the following ad-


LOST DOGS
MISSING SINCE
AUGUST 14th
THEY WERE LOST NEAR COOK BAPTIST CHURCH
IF FOUND,PLEASE CALL ........ OR .....
They had the pictures of these 2 really cute dogs named Toula and Delilah. Since I read EVERYTHING in the paper, I also read this ad. WAIT,........I think I saw this dog in my driveway yesterday. Yes-I heard a dog howling and went out and looked and saw the little fellow. He ran off, but when I saw the ad, I knew it was him (or her). The dog had disappeared, so I just thought if I see him again, I will call.
Our neighbor walked over a few minutes later with his grandson and when I went to the door- TOULA was with him. We agreed this was the lost dog and I called the owner. Noone was home, so I just left a message. "I may have found your dog, call me". Within 5 minutes, I received a call and here comes the owner.
You have never seen such a happy reunion after a two week absence. Toula had managed to get about 2 miles -as the crow flies-and down a BUSY US highway. I thought the man was going to cry. That made my day! I had reunited a dog and his owner, a REALLY thrilled owner. The sad thing is Delilah was not with Toula which was slightly distressing for Mr. Owner. As they drove off in the blue truck, though, headed to see Toula's Mistress, all seemed to be right with the world.
For ONCE it truly paid to have read the paper and hopefully someone out there did the same thing and Delilah will soon be home also.
Once a Girl Scout-Always a Girl Scout

5 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I got asked to leave brownies and never made it to girl scouts......can you believe that??

Anonymous said...

I know just how they feel and you made someone very happy. you were thoughtful enough to call the owners. Yea for you !!!!!!!

adrian seney said...

Who knew that reading the RDL could pay off is such a big way??!! 15 minutes? I am usually done in 10!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Awwww. I hope someone would do that for Powers! How sweet.

Anonymous said...

I love to hear good stories! I've been on the lookout for those dogs too.

NY Yankee Fan (barely)