IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, August 18, 2008

NEW TOY!

I am so excited! Sweet bc gave me a new camera! A Nikon D 40-the beginning step in serious cameras. I have actually begun reading the instruction book-SHOCK! I have really enjoyed taking pictures the last couple of years with my point and shoot digital camera. Hopefully I will get better and do the equipment justice when snapping away. BEWARE-LORA HAS A NEW CAMERA AND YOU ARE ALL FAIR GAME!

One of my first pictures. I caught BC napping after a LONG week Friday afternoon late. I had just returned from the Boersma abode and caught him in action. HE WAS NOT HAPPY!
The colors picked up by the camera are so much better than my little camera. I always "work" on my pics just using the microsoft program. I think I might NEED to get "Photoshop" or some such animal.

This is one of the views off our back deck. You will notice that I had too much sunlight in the is picture. I will have to work on that. Even after fooling around with the brightness and contrast, this is too bright.


One of the beds in the front, by the garage. This picture also looks a little light. I will work on that!

Here is the sweet man responsible for my new toy. He got a little perturbed at all the flashes going off. He finally told me to STOP making his picture. (Note he is doing what men LOVE to do-flipping channels.) WHY do men love to flip channels. If I am watching the Olympics-I want to watch the Olympics. I do not care to hear the news and listen to someone arguing politics at the same time. This is really interesting to me since we women are multi-taskers when it comes to everything else and men are single minded BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE TELEVISION!!!! Do you experience this at your house?

I thought this picture of our neighbor's The Willises grand came out cute. He didn't know quite what to think about BC and me. He is almost a year old and at that age where they do not like strangers. His mother, Crystal and Camille were friends as little girls. Now they are both grown up and married and Crystal is a Mother.

I thought this picture turned out pretty good. This is after our morning run. I wanted you to see the temperature and also know that the humidity was about 90%.


This picture on the computer shows the sweat on Babs's face. She looks good compared to what I look like after our 5 miles. Babs does not sweat much-NOW Larry & I-we sweat REALLY GOOD! Larry is our token male that runs with the group. He has learned plenty about women running along beside us. We tend to forget that he is not one of the girls and he hears an earful. We may have made him glad that he is single.
THANK YOU THANK YOU BC! I am going to love using my new camera!







11 comments:

Bethany said...

Sweet camera! I'd love to achieve Nikon status someday. And yes, my sweet hubby is a multi-tasker when it comes to TV. It drives me crazy!

SND said...

I knew there was a really good reason that I did not run at 5:30 this morning. And to think I thought it was that I had to be back home by 7!!!!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I hate instructions! Don't you think in his day and age, they could hook up an electrode to your head and just quickly transmit the knowledge.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I know Mrs. Babs just LOVES you taking pictures of her after a long, sweaty run.

Watch out- I'm going to turn that camera on YOU when I visit!

Elisha Leigh said...

Not a chance! No way will I be running with you gals if you're going to snap pics after!
I do love your new camera though!
You're doing great; that camera is a beast.

Deb said...

Nice photos...Randi prefers Nikon. They have a great rep. for sure.

I am so glad you took a shot of Chrystal's little man. What is his name. He is ADORABLE...but Chrystal always was, too.

Have fun with your new toy. I just love taking photos...guess you can tell.

adrian seney said...

Fancy Smancy!!! I am impressed! Do you think BC consulted Consumer Reports before he made the purchase? Or is it only my dad that does that??!!

Anonymous said...

Cool camera! Hope you can capture a picture of the comical car with the assorted parts. I have yet to capture a pic of that. Please don't take my pic on a run in the early am. Remember I am under cover. No one knows I'm up that early; I have a reputation to uphold.

NY Yankee Fan

Lora said...

NY Yankee Fan-

Sad to report but I saw "The Car" being towed away from Super One not long ago and have not spotted it since. I will miss seeing it!

To get your pic, I would have to get back before you girls-THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Hannah Lee said...

I'm so jealous! I have missed your blog for the last few days! So glad to see all is well.

Jessica Stephenson said...

Nice camera! Can't wait to see all of the pictures you will take with it. Now, if you can capture a picture of my mom- that's a challenge.
Yes, Chris channel surfs and it drives me crazy!