IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, May 16, 2008

AM I A OUISER????

Blooming Spirea
Bed Almost Finished

Pot of Zinnias


Young Swallow Tail




Mr. Hummingbird-slightly out of focus



Ouiser Boudreaux: I'm not crazy, I've just been a very bad mood for the last 40 years!
One of my favorite Ouiser quotes is about We Southern Women are supposed to garden, I don't know why it's just one of the rules. I have been accused of having Ouiser's personality. Well maybe occasionally, but not all of the time!
BUSY BUSY DAY! Started out with a 5 mile walk and kept right on going from then. I have the front yard in tolerable shape and should finish it up tomorrow. I dug up a couple more lantana today, but in honor of the butterflies, I have left 2. I will just cut them back-often-so they don't take over the entire front. I was back at the nursery today and got all of those plants in the ground. I have been digging, pruning, picking up sticks, potting plants, and raking up the mess I made. In spite of what Ouiser says, I actually love gardening. I went to Babs' home this morning to pick up a couple of hosteas that she gave me & I needed to plant. When I saw how beautiful her yard was, I came home inspired. Will never live up to her standards, but will make lots of improvements.
On the home front, the tile man finally showed up after lunch. Therefore, he did not get finished, but will be back tomorrow. I called the painter AGAIN today and whined about the impending reunion. He called back late this afternoon and asked "Is this Mrs. Panic"? WHATEVER! He PROMISED he would be here Monday AM with the full crew. We shall see!
While trying to catch the butterfly and make a picture, he actually landed on my camera. HOW COOL WAS THAT! One of the joys of living in the woods, I left a brand new-full bottle of fish emulsion fertilizer on the back deck. When I went to get it today, it had disappeared. The man at the nursery said the raccoons will pick them up, tuck them under their front feet and take them off. WELL THE LITTLE THIEF!











3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh, Ouiser... behave.

B-HO said...

Miss Lora---I TOTALLY know the REAL LIFE WEEZER!!!And she lives in Bossier---and is a very GODLY WOMAN but HILARIOUS!!You might know her daughter she now lives in Ruston, Molly Duvall Robins, she and I were very good friends in college...if you want to meet her I can get you the hook up!!

Lora said...

MY HERO!!!!Brandi-I would love to meet Ouiser in the flesh! We could go to Bossier and take her to lunch with her daughter in tow. Don't know Molly-name sounds familiar tough. We will have to talk times, but that sounds so great!