IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, October 1, 2007

JUST CALL ME "STINKY"

I have really been working on this old hip. Icing-heat-stretching-etc etc. Have you ever walked by the boys' lock room or the trainer's room and caught a whiff of the wonderful aroma from the analgesics you rub on muscles, strains, etc? It is such a pungent fragrance-reminiscent of old time liniment. That is the way I smell at least part of the day everyday. You might want to try to get down-wind when I am by you. I put this really big patch full of it on my hip in the AM before running to try to get it warmed up before starting. I put another kind on after my shower and then again at bedtime. I know Mr. C thinks this is really sexy-kind of like having your Grandmother in the bed with you. It actually does feel a little better today. One of my buddies-names will not be give in order to protect the innocent-gave me 4 of her arthritis pills this AM. I definitely could tell the difference for a few hours after I took the first one. I am having twinges now, but it is time to ice and getting close to time to take another one. WE SHALL SEE! I actually looked it up on line and I think I may bursitis-but I still do not have my medical degree-so that may not be the case.

We ran 5 and walked 5 this AM. HOT & HUMID! Babs is having to acclimate after a week in Idaho and their lovely weather. Larry caught his foot while running on a dark stretch of sidewalk and pulled his back. It is too early in the training to be having injuries cropping up. Ivory also has a knot in her hip area. Jeff's thumb and elbow will get that buddy out! The bad thing is the first time you go, he does not do nearly enough of that. He told me he is introducing himself to your muscles. Hello Muscle, I'm Jeff. I plan to inflict great pain on you next time we see each other. Today I just wanted to say, Hi, but NEXT TIME-no more niceties.

No comments: