IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, October 22, 2007

FOR WOMEN ONLY!

I got into a conversation the other day with some other female friends about panties. We were all discussing what styles you were willing to wear and which you just couldn't go to, etc. etc. This began me thinking about how far panties have come since I was a little girl and wore white cotton panties with a ruffle around the legs and elastic at your waist. The "Mary Jane" of panties-quite the Cadillac at the time. Things were simple in the good old days. You didn't have to think about it-you just pulled out a pair of the Mary Jane's from the stack in your drawer and that was that. My Mother would have NEVER allowed any color to be in the "Undie Drawer". You know Ladies wear white!

Today now it seems anything or better yet almost nothing goes. Any color under the sun, any print, high on your leg, cut up to your eyeballs, only strings where the legs should be- low waist, lower waist, and barely hanging on. AND THE COST! It is ridiculous! What in the world happened to the "World of Underwear"? I believe it was the advent of VS which caused this landslide down the slippery slope of "Intimates". You can spend as much and sometimes more in your undergarments-which suppose ably are unseen-as you can the outer garments. Most of us OLDER women agreed-we could go along with a lot but "The thong"-well HOW COULD THAT BE COMFORTABLE???? Have you ever had your pants slip and end up with a wedgie? Think about walking around like that ALL DAY and ON PURPOSE! WHAT ARE WOMEN THINKING? I know about 1 good handful of women that would look good with those on and I DO NOT HAVE A NEED TO SEE THAT!

Friend, Helen, asked did I only have white panties. She then told me that I was SO CONSERVATIVE that she just knew that I would not go into the colors. WHAT IMAGE AM I PORTRAYING TO YOU PEOPLE?

We ran our 5 this AM, but started out in the rain and with lightening on the horizon. BABS WAS NOT HAPPY WITH ME! It turned out fine, since it quit raining before we got to the Interstate, but my shoes were squishing and my hair plastered before it was over. IT WAS SO HOT & HUMID! We did not walk after that, since we thought we had had enough!

6 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Dear Lord, too much information, woman!

Cynthia said...

haha...this is funny:)

i'll try to post soon. really, my life hasn't been all that exciting.

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would see this in print. How funny....

Anonymous said...

You really make me laugh! Who knew my "old auntie" could be so funny?

Anonymous said...

You really make me laugh! Who knew my "old auntie" could be so funny?

Anonymous said...

Is there nothing sacred? Glad you didn't speak on men's underwear, since we wear it until it discentegrates (sp).