IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, October 21, 2007

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES!

Sweet Little Abby & Her Mom, Adrian
Miss Audrey

We went to brother, Robbie's last night for his & Laurie's annual Halloween party. Laurie's niece and all of her friends are the honorees for this annual occasion, but our great niece's Audrey & Abby were also there all dressed up in their ballerina costumes.
We heard a cute story about Audrey, who is 3 while there. It seems that Audrey spotted a toy recently that she just could not live without. She proceeded to tell her Mom to buy it for her, and her Mom explained why they could not buy it right now, but it would be a good thing to put on her Santa list. Audrey did not like hearing no, and continued to plead for the toy. After more No's, she finally stopped for a moment and said, "I know I will pray for God to send it to me." This lead to a deep discussion about what was appropriate to pray for and how we should not make selfish requests of God, but pray for others, etc., etc., etc. When the parental lecture was finished, Audrey turned to walk away and said over her shoulder, "I'm still asking God." What a cute and funny story on our sweet little great-niece, but it caused me to think. Do we not ask for God to answer our wants at times, because we lack faith? Do we need the faith of a 3 year old, to think that God cares enough to answer our prayers? I am here to tell you I am asking God for what I want! I want my friends healed from their illnesses and I want my loved ones safe in His care and I want His direction in the lives of those I care for. I am praying expecting and knowing I will get an answer-just as Audrey at 3 prays.
A wonderful Sabbath! An encouraging message, a time of worship and fellowship of dear friends. Who could ask for more?
We walked 5 this afternoon in the heat. Hey God, I AM READY FOR FALL!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. I enjoyed your Audrey story so much. Happy Fall.

Anonymous said...

I got to believe the Halloween Party was a ton of fun. Makes me want to get a costume...