IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, October 26, 2007

CALL ME 'GRACE ANN'

Today was long run day. 17.2 GRUELING MILES. Before it was over I was questioning my sanity. "Now why am I doing this????" "Whose bright idea was this marathon???? Part of the adventure is that you have to fuel as you run. You burn around 100 calories per mile, so you have to refuel after about 10 miles. Thus the "GOO". Today I had the bright idea that I would try these jelly bean like things that are supposed to be the same thing as the goo. This did not go well! To begin with I threw about 3 or 4 jellybeans in my mouth. NOT A GOOD IDEA! It turns out they are VERY chewy! I almost choked to death before getting them all chewed up. You have to pull the little beans out-one at a time as you are running down the road and then chew them up-SLOWLY. People, I can not run and chew at the same time. LACK OF COORDINATION THINGY! The jelly bean people will not be getting anymore of my business. I will go back to the Goo and endure the baby food texture to get my fuel.

The next adventure was the MP-3 player. I am definitely technically challenged. I did finally figure out how to get songs down loaded on the thing, but then when I tried to turn it on I hear about 30 seconds of a down loaded song and then the radio comes on. I am not sure how I did that, but decided to listen to the radio rather than risk losing any entertainment. I am sure I pushed one of the tiny buttons wrong-but I will have to get the directions again to figure out what I am doing.

Today was a great run for the first 11 or so miles, and then I fell off my pace. The challenge is to figure out what went wrong and fix it between now and the marathon. I have a couple of ideas, but we will see. This next week will be a cut back week when we only run 11 miles. A Veritable Walk in the Park!

Part of the running group are going to Sonja's daughter's wedding in Lafayette tomorrow. Mr. C will be driving us down. He has spent the morning figuring out just where we will eat while there. WE ARE GLAD HE HAS HIS PRIORITIES SET! Looking forward to a great time and will report on the fun! The trip down and back will be a hoot in itself as we have 2 men in the front and 3 women in the back. NEW MEANING TO B ACK SEAT DRIVING!

No comments: