IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, October 4, 2007

Dr. Dale & Mrs. Helen

I went over to visit with my precious friends , Dr. Dale & Mrs. Helen this afternoon. They are priceless! It turns out that Dr. Dale took a fall last night when getting up to go to the BR. He was not injured-well he said he couldn't see the spot that might be bruised-but they did have a scare. Helen told me that it was like two alligators wrestling on the floor when she was trying to get Dale up and back into bed. They told the tale with laughter -which considering the circumstances-I praise God for. They did say the light would be on all night from now on-so that Dale could see where he was going.

I have decided something about Dale. HE IS PROVOKING OUR SMALL GROUP TO STUDY! He often takes the contrary view on scripture and delights in presenting the "what ifs". I have decided that his motivation for this is to get us to study to disprove him. YOU GO-DALE! I love to see the twinkle in the man's eyes!

Today while visiting-I was making one of my famous positive declarations about cooking-which he immediately asked how I knew this. All the time he has a chuckle and twinkle in those eyes. I just ignore him and refuse to be provoked over cooking. I am only repeating what I have read or heard from some "famous" chef. It tastes good-so what else matters?

I have spent the day cleaning house and mentally preparing for our trip to Erie. My mother taught me a LONG TIME ago that you don't leave home without a clean house. For that matter, she never left home without me having cleaned her house. We are packing light for our trip north, since we change planes twice and only have 30 minutes each time. We plan to carry everything in our carry-ons. That will not be a problem for me-but MR. I MAY NEED THIS-will have a difficult time paring down his usual packing.

I am resting my hip today and tomorrow, so no exercise for me. I have decided until my hip is MUCH better I will not do any lower body exercise on Thursday & Friday, before my long runs. Camille & I are planning on running together on the "Peninsula" in Erie for our 15-if her Achilles holds out. I will do at least the 10 miles-which is our cutback week, anyway.

SO LOOKING FORWARD to seeing our baby and her hubby. IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE JUNE! We will be in flight tomorrow for most of the day-as it is not easy to get to Erie PA, but I will be updating you on our travels during the weekend.




No comments: