IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, October 25, 2007

YESTERDAY'S COMMUNICATING

Bobby was upstairs typing his weekly email to our small group last night while I was downstairs on the laptop. The telephone rings and it is bc wanting to know how to spell a word. We are feet apart, there is noone else in the house, and he calls me to ask a question. What happened to the good old days of yelling from room to room? I come from a Mother who could yell with the best of them. Our mornings started with her yelling down the hall for me to get up. After about 5 or 10 minutes of yelling for me to get up and me yelling back, "Im up", she would start down the hall. Let me assure you once I heard those footsteps start down the hall, I was up. You didn't fool with Momma. As my niece once said, "She could whoop good." I spent many an afternoon in the front yard yelling for the kids to come in. You could hear me for several square blocks. I learned to reach way down in my gut and push it out. YOU HAD TO HEAR ME-or you were deaf. Sometimes I miss those simplier times when everyone did not have a cell phone stuck in their ear all of the time. We actually had to communicate face to face-no phoning, no emailing-just plain old fashioned talking. You can tell a lot when you actually eyeball a person while they are speaking with you. It's hard to get the gist of where someone is coming from over the phone or across the internet.

My little niece, Ann has discovered that her Auntie and cousin have blogs and has commented on them both. I will never forget Ann staying for us for a brief period of time while she was in college. She totally amazed me! You would walk in her room and there would be clothes on every square inch of the floor. Being slightly OCD, I would pick them up to wash them. She would come running through looking for some outfit that had been on the floor, get it out of the dirty clothes, put it on and come out looking like a million dollars. She could get dressed in about 15 minutes and her make up and hair would look like Vogue magazine. IT WAS TOTALLY AMAZING! I look like a refuge most of the time and no matter how much time I take can not pull off the "I've Got It Together" look.

No exercising today, tomorrow is long run day. I did go get a sports massage. I am able to endure all of his pain quite well today. The knots seem to be better and thus not as much pushing with the "terrible thumb". He did tell me that my hipflexors were tight. REALLY DO YOU THINK! He did give me a stretch to begin working on that. I then had to run to Monroe to pick up some goo for tomorrow. I still holding the goo discussion for another day.Suffise it to say that we can spend an entire day talking about the complicated subject of goo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This actually good. You have great writing skills...

Lora said...

To Anonymous-
As Elvis would so well put it-
"Well Thank You- Thank You Very Much"