IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, October 24, 2007

DOWN HILL SLIDE

I have made the leap and finally gotten a laptop. WHAT FUN! This summer while hiking in Canada, I would use Sandra's everyday to post pictures of our hikes and write about the day's activities. COOOOOL! Brother Noel, the technical brain in the family, helped me order one and then got me set up and going. I can sit in the room with BC and be on the computer, but still eyeballing him. How Neat! Now if someone can just explain to me how to get songs downloaded to my new MP-3 player, I will be in the 21st century at last.

Wednesdays are busy days with an early morning run, trip to Arcadia today for lunch with Mona, haircut after lunch-and washing away that gray, greeting the kids at church, and finally small group meeting. I NEED TO GO TO BED! It has been a long day since 4:45.

We helped Nancy divide meds into small plastic bags for her Romanian mission trip. You were supposed to put 30 in each bag with a label attached giving the dosage. We turned it into an assembly line, with plenty of laughter along the way. You basically have your bean counters (me), your estimators, and your just down right guessers. It is funny how your style goes pretty much with your personality. We bagged Tylenol and anti-acids for an hour-lots of meds. I am happy to report that they should be able to cure all of the Romanian headaches and acid stomachs for the next few months. I was disappointed that I did not have a slip of paper to put in each bag with "Inspected by lc". You know we all would love to see that person that personally inspected our merchandise and put that tag with it.

Bad news on the Marathon front, Stephanie has torn her Achilles and will at the best only be able to do the half. She was really doing great and we hate to see this happen to anyone. When you start to get into the serious miles, as we now have, these things happen. Lisa has been sick and has also decided to do the half. This is pulling the full numbers down to a handful. We still have a lot of training to go

We ran 8 this morning, but did not walk afterward. It takes a while to get your blood thickened up and your body used to the cooler temperatures. HEY I AM NOT COMPLAINING! I remember how miserable it was just Monday, so I will not be whining anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have only tonight gotten the address to your blog. I was not aware that we could subject ourselves to night after night of running, stretching, and running. I knew something was missing in my life!! I am on a titrated dose of my "nerve pills" and pretty much one drink away from rehab, but I do appreciate being reminded that I have not run in about two weeks. Of course, my running and your running are probably different things!! I am glad y'all are doing well and look forward to a visit in front of the fireplace, preferably with the heated blanket. And, I agree with your friend--your mantle does look good. I cracked up reading about the squirrels. Bill would have loved that you loathe those creatures as much as he did!! Love and miss!!!