IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, October 16, 2007

DOCTOR ENDODONTIST

Bobby went for his "root canal" this afternoon. All went well and he has been in a drug induced coma since arriving home. For all the talk and dread, I think it was not nearly as bad as he feared. The worst part to me would be holding that mouth open for 2 1/2 hours. That could very well lead to "lock jaw" don't you think? The doctor is confident he has saved the tooth and that is what is important. They have come a long way with their technology since "Dr. Billy" used to put his huge hand in my little mouth. Have you ever wondered why they don't teach the dentist when they are going to school to not ask questions when you mouth is full of their hand, numb and droll is running down your chin?

Today has been a rather quiet day and I have not had any "pearls of wisdom" drop into my head. I have been to a small group leaders meeting tonight and do have one thought. Why is it we are so ready to pray for Aunt Sue's husband's second cousin's next door neighbor, but are never really willing to admit to our own needs and hurts? Do we think we are in this alone and everyone else is leading perfect lives?

Bought the plane tickets for the Erie Crew to come home for Christmas today. That is something to look forward to! They will enjoy a break from the snow and the warmth that we usually have here at Christmas. Hopefully the entire crew will be in Vienna for Santa's visit this year. Want that be fun!

We walked 5 this AM and then I lifted. Mrs. Sandra gave me a lesson on using my watch and timing the splits. I think I have all of it down, until I try to retrieve those splits. It is not easy to teach "an old dog" new tricks.

No comments: