IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, October 15, 2007

LEARN THE PATH!



We had lunch today to celebrate Babs's birthday. She will be my age for the next two months and then once again-I am the old lady! You will note by my eyes that I slept during the entire meal. It had been a long morning since 4:30 when my eyes popped open. We ate everything they brought us and asked for dessert, which they were out of. We don't look underfed in this pic-but you would think we had been without food for a week!


While enjoying the fellowship, Susan told me about this sign around town-

The words say- "One Expecting To Go To Heaven Should Take Time To Learn The Route"

I realize that I have a leg up on everyone-since I make the running routes up-but I do send a map-send an email with verbal directions and send the mile markers. Come on people- LEARN THE ROUTE! Most weeks we do the same standard run with add ins and deletions to extra miles. IT REALLY IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT!

This morning while running I had a thought about our different styles of running. You have the "Stealth Tiger"who has a quiet, but quick footfall and will come up behind you and you never know it. You have the "Herd of Horses" who are more noisy and turning their heads back and forth as their tails do this pendulum routine (Ponytails). You have the "Herd of Elephants" which can motor along at a steady pace, but their footfall can be heard a block away. I think I fall into the "Elephant-Whale Cross"- my footfall is like that of a middle linebacker and I am blowing like a whale that has just surfaced from a mile down. Really I am quite the dainty sight to behold!

We ran 5 and walked another 5 this AM. The "Real Babs" showed up today and pushed me every step of the way! I knew "The Old Girl" would eat my lunch sooner than later!

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

oh, its good to be challenged though, right?