IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, October 14, 2007

MR. SNEAKY SQUIRREL

We have put out feed for the birds since I have seen several investigating the feeder this weekend. I love to watch my birds all winter, but the squirrels just about drive me NUTS (NO PUN)! Bobby filled the "squirrel proof" feeder yesterday and the squirrels have already figured out- " HEY FREE FOOD!" You should see the acrobatic moves they make to get that free meal. Who ever thought animals were dumb has never dealt with trying to keep squirrels out of your birdfeed! I am going to grease down the pole the feeder is on again, just to have a couple of days of fun watching them trying to get up it. Those little varmints are something else!

We had The Boersma's, Sonja, Margarita & The Anderson's over last night for a community meal and a game of Balderdash. We had a wonderful time, but have discovered who in the group are the best yarn tellers. I keep giving away the secrets of how to tell BC's answers-so he was about ready to kill me. BUT COME ON- when you always say- GREEK WORD FOR- Did not anyone else ever see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? I think I shared the last time we played that he was giving very long and verboise answers-which could never have fit on the little bitty card the words come on. He is wising up and actually did quite well last night. Thought he was going to win, but then Mr. Jim (You have got to watch those quiet ones) came from behind and skunked us all.

Enjoyed an exercise free day-again today. Just letting the legs rest before another tough week. OK-I'm going to say this fast-so it will sound good-WE'RE 1/3 OF THE WAY THROUGH OUR TRAINING!! We have done 5 step ups and have 7 more to go; 12 more weeks of training- 10 more weeks of hard training. WOW-NOW I AM DEPRESSED!

No comments: