IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WEDNESDAY'S SUMMER SUPPERS

SNAPPY SMOTHERED CHICKEN

Another super quick & easy recipe. This is definitely mushroomy and reminds me of Beef Stroganoff-but with chicken. BC loved it and ate the remaining left overs a couple of days later-always a good sign! I found this in "Southern Living" sometime ago and ran across it while searching for something new.

SNAPPY SMOTHERED CHICKEN

1- 8 OU Wide Egg Noodles (I use whole wheat)
1 t paprika
1 t dried thyme leaves, crumbled
½ t salt
¼ t pepper
3 T. butter
1 lg onion-chopped
1 package mushrooms, sliced
2 t. minced garlic
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. milk
1/3 c dry white wine (optional-use milk instead if desired)
1 rotisserie chicken, cut into serving pieces (remove skin)
2 T. chopped fresh parsley

Prepare Noodles & keep warm
Stir Paprika, thyme, salt & pepper in a small bowl
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add onion & mushrooms, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in garlic & paprika mixture; sauté
2 minutes. Add soup, milk, & wine-bring to boil, stirring frequently. Add chicken pieces; spoon sauce over top of chicken. Reduce heat to low & cook 10 to 15 minutes covered. Stir in 1 T parsley. Serve over hot cooked noodles. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.

I normally use the "Lemon-Pepper" chicken from the deli, but you could cook your own-in an effort to save money. I used the parsley that I am growing with my herbs which makes for a super fresh taste. I think the wine gives the sauce a little something extra, but it will be fine without it. I will prepare this again, but it is not a "Let's have it every week" dish!


1 comment:

adrian seney said...

That looks absolutely yummy!! I might have to cook that myself.