IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, July 10, 2008

I YAM WHAT I YAM!



While reading # 1 Daughter's Blog this AM, I spent some time laughing at myself. If you read my comment, you will note that I delete almost all of the pictures of myself on my camera. I am NEVER happy with how I look. I pick the photo apart with a magnifying glass and VERY FEW ever meet the standards I have set. I am my own BEST CRITIC! When thinking this over, I decided that most people probably do not have a clue how I look and really could care less-we are all too concerned with our own looks to worry about anybody else's. My hang-ups come from life experiences and most of those causing this critical introspection I realize where they came from. Regardless of self-realization-OLD HABITS ARE HARD TO KICK! So the moral of this story is-when you read my obituary someday and the picture looks like my high school graduation picture-THERE IS A VERY GOOD REASON FOR THAT!




I had an email from my #1 DIL today of interest. It seems that MIT offers on-line courses for FREE-as in NO COST except for the discounted book cost. You get no college credit for these courses, but if there is some course that you missed along the way or some field of knowledge that you would LOVE to gain-then this could be your ticket. Go to:








and check it out. Thanks for the idea Mrs. C! I am going to check out






but the first thing I will have to do is figure out what in the world the first course's title means. You do think the second has to do with running marathons, don't you?




We walked at Lincoln Parish Park this AM

and spotted one of these sweet babies, just on the other side of the fence. He stood 20 feet from us for several minutes before running off into the clear cut field he was in. We are slowly but surely cutting every tree on the planet!

After walking at the park, I went to Aerobics with all of the coeds. NOW IS IT ANY WONDER THAT I DELETE ALL PHOTOS??????

4 comments:

Deb said...

What a pretty little fawn....
Josh told me about the free classes at MIT sometime ago and I never even thought about them. I always wanted to take pottery...haha..a necessary skill. I doubt you can do it online.

Oh yeah....and you are adorable and look much younger than your age so CHILLAX!

Anonymous said...

pretty is as pretty does that's what myy mama always said. God looks on the heart and that my friend is beautiful. Man what if you had the overhaul that I need to look forward to and It can not be done in my lifetime so live love laugh and be happy. One day we will all have great looks we will be like Christ. OLD THINGS WILL PASS AWAY AND IN A TWINKLING OF AN EYE WE WILL BE TRANSFORMED

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Marathon Moral Reasoning... hmmmm should I push this person out of the way so that I can get a cup of water and continue on?

adrian seney said...

www.theseneyssay.blogspot.com