One year ago, July 9th, 2007, I started blogging. Originally the blog was the means for our LA friends to keep up with us while we hike in Canada last July. I like blogging and SO one year later here I am!
One year - Paper Anniversary
Prize-One year subscription to one of the following favorite magazines of mine:
"Travel & Leisure"
If you win, you pick which one you would prefer!
Very simple rules:
1. One guess per person
2. Contest starts at 6 PM tonight and ends at 6PM tomorrow night
3. In the event of a tie-the first to post their comment wins
4. Some indication of who you are in the comment is needed!
5. Over or under does not matter-the closest.
6. You must give answer in hundreths. (10.38 minutes-ex)
THE QUESTION???????- What is MY PR (Personal Record) for an official 5K (3.1 mile) since I began keeping records in 1999? KEEP IN MIND-I AM NOT SPEEDY GONZALES!
OK-Man Your Post-AND-May the Best Man (or woman) WIN!
All of you "Young Whipper Snappers" can stop reading right here! The rest of this post is for middlings to seniors. YOU COULD NOT POSSIBLY APPRECIATE WHAT I AM ABOUT TO PRINT!
Here are "Rules to live by for Seniors" as sent to me by BC from his friend Ron:
Despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:
1. A nose ring and bifocals
2. Spiked hair and bald spots
3. A pierced tongue and dentures
4. Miniskirts and support hose
5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads
6. Speedo’s and cellulite
7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar
8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor
9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge
10.Pierced nipples that hang below the waist
11.Bikinis and liver spots
12.Short shorts and varicose veins
13.Inline skates and a walker
And the ultimate ‘Bad Taste’ in fashion ! for the ‘Older folks’…………………
14.Thongs and Depends
Please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop.
I resemble some of these remarks!