IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, July 3, 2008

Substitute Beach Correspondent

This is the Yankee daughter substitute-reporting in for a sleepy Old Lady Athlete. She is doped up on Benadryl as she had an allergic reaction last night. (She's okay- she took her medicine after her symptoms emerged). However, superwoman that she is, that didn't stop her from cooking a full-fledged mexican supper for us all tonight in honor of Aunt Barbara's birthday.

Besides Mom's allergic reaction, the Thompson's arrived late last night! Greg, Judith, and 2-going-on-3-year-old John Gordon have been thrown into the mix of the beach house and we are glad to have them. It's been another beautiful day, although the water was full of jellyfish so we didn't have too much inclination for sea exploration today.

It's hard to believe that our last full day is tomorrow! This week has absolutely flown by and we are so grateful for this opportunity for beaching and, more importantly, good fellowship with our loved ones.

Mom would want me to remind you about the peach plate contest but I urge you to allow this plate to pass on through the blood line... You should probably do the right thing & go back and delete all your comments so that my chances of winning the chips & salsa dish increase! Thanks so much.

Here's to Old Lady Athlete- what a woman!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Sorry about the allergic reaction! I know that won't get you down though. Why is it time always goes by so fast when you want it to go slowly?! Travel safely.

P.S. I'm sorry, CCCJ, I like that plate, too!

Anonymous said...

Not by the hair of my chin e chin chin I know you are having fun and I am so envious of fun you all are having. Make the most of tomorrow and remember there is another year and fun memories to talk about this coming year. I am sorry about the allergic reaction. Sleep it off tonight and enjoy tomorrow. ps remember how long the summers seemed to be.

Lindsey said...

cam, quit trying to manipulate your mom's blog.

mrs. c, hope you feel better soon!

Meredith said...

Lora! Are you feeling better yet? I hope you all are enjoying the 4th. What an amazing place to celebrate it!! Light a sparkler for me. I'm not sure I'm allowed to do that here in NY. :)

love,
Mere

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I honestly didn't realize there were families out there that liked one another enough to REALLY vacation w/one another. I am impressed.