IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, April 1, 2012

SEND FOR THE MEN IN THE WHITE COATS!

In an effort to prove myself --TRULY INSANE--I had quite the day. The morning started at the late hour of 6--for a 5 mile power walk. I will not tell you the pace---suffise it to say--I can walk almost as fast as I can run.

Came home for my first shower of the day---Did a little work before heading to early church and fun "Wrestling With The Toddlers". We had an overflow crowd of 16---it got slightly crazy by the end of the morning. Dashed out to "Count the Money" after church--LONG story--have not shared with you yet. THEN drove across town and went to worship at the South Campus.

Went to lunch with sweet friends who are good company. THEN I came home and got ready for my bike ride. It was 84 degrees--the sun was blazing---I managed to let ALL the air out of my tires trying to air them up---I AM inept. Finally got to the meeting place and ready to go --WITH clips on my shoes and the pedals. JUST IN CASE you don't understand what I am referring to---Instead of pedals-they have these pedals that you clip your shoes into--you can then not only push down but pull up as you pedal. GREAT IDEA--only problem YOUR FEET ARE LOCKED INTO THE PEDALS====RECIPE FOR DISASTER. There's a way out---but you have to do a heel gyration to get out. Susan told me yesterday as we ran our 5 miles---it's not "IF you fall" but "When you Fall". Anyway somehow I managed to not fall today==saving that for another day.

THEN we rode over 23 miles----STICK A FORK IN ME---I'M DONE!!! It's 7 PM and I HAVE GONE TO BED====after my second shower and a visit with my sweet MIL---if you see the men in the white coats--I'm pretty sure I am certifiable!

No comments: