IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, April 2, 2012

REFINER'S FIRE---SINGED AROUND THE EDGES!

Matthew 6:28-30


"And why worry about clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully at they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?"





Job is over--completed today. I am idle---and that is NOT a good thing for Lora. NOW---I have projects that need tending to---but WHY can't I take the above verse to heart and enjoy the idle time and not worry about tomorrow? Work has been my absolute life saver and God has faithfully provided until now.





I understand that He is teaching me and there is a purpose in Everything---but with the future looming and no guarantee of early demise-I will need funds to retire on. The return on your investments are POOR at best today--and though I have had some success in the stock market lately--I have to be careful about what I invest in.





SO---another wave of reprecusions of the last year---worry about financial security has reared its UGLY head. I KNOW He is out there---I KNOW He is listening---I Know I am supposed to be learning all those Spiritual lessons---BUT REALLY, GOD---isn't there anyone else out there that needs refining?

No comments: