IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, April 19, 2012

WHAT NAME DO YOU CALL ME BY?

"What matters supremely, therefore, is not, in the last analysis, the fact that I know God, but the larger fact which underlies it-the fact that He knows me. I am graven on the palms of His hands. I am never out of His mind. All my knowledge of Him depends on His sustained initiative in knowing me. I know Him because He first knew me, and continues to know me. He knows me as a friend, one who loves me, and there is no moment when His eye is off me, or His attention distracted from me, and no moment, therefore when His care falters. "

J.I. Packer

Someone asked in Small Group last night "What name does God call you by?" I am asking Him----and trying to be still and listen for His answer. My answer is "My Beloved" for certain, but what does He call me when He is speaking directly to me? I take GREAT comfort that He is pursuing me and thinks about me ALL the time. He thinks about each and every one of His Beloved Children each and every moment---WHAT A GREAT GOD WE HAVE!

No comments: