IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, April 9, 2012

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS!

I had another first this weekend. Went to Texas to spend time with #2 & #3 and her husband, my FAVORITE SIL, and #3 & #4 Greats. We had a "Marvelous Easter"! Egg Hunting---cooking----eating out----seeing the sites---and PLAYING! LOTS of playing and stories!

When I went to the grocery store Early Saturday to make the "Food Haul" for Easter---the people at the Kroger were so nice to me----really nice. I walked out and thought---I should just move to Texas! That's the first time I have thought of moving to be closer to all the chicks in the near future. It's the little things--that send you into the "Thinking Mode". I always thought---my friends-my home--they are all in Ruston---but truth be know---home is a state of mind---and a place becomes home when YOU make it your home. I could move to Texas and make a new home.

Since I am not working right now---I could also probably move to TX and go to work. Texas is booming---seems to be NO recession going on there! My skills go where I go---and my hard work is what I will be known by---whereever I am.

For today---I'm staying here---but the "Door to Thinking" has been opened.

2 comments:

Gabe said...

Awesome visit!

Anonymous said...

Consider Waco! You would be one hour and 15 minutes from Camille in Ft. Worth and Scott and Gabe in Austin.
Matt and I would "open" our address books to you and introduce you to every business owner we know.
Also, my mother moved here several years ago and has a fabulous group of friends who do so many fun things together.
It could be worth considering!
Denise